Monday, January 18, 2010

Project yogurt

I used to make homemade yogurt years ago, but like so many good things, I quit because of time constraints. Now my children are much older, more independent and I am free from some of the duties that used to take up so much time. So today I made yogurt, and it turned out as good, if not better, than the expensive greek style yogurt found in the grocery stores. Then I took it a step further, I added strawberry jello, blended it and made a custard style yogurt, that is like Yoplait custard style yogurt. I calculated the cost, for 4 cups of low fat, sugar free. strawberry flavored yogurt,it cost me $.75. Yes, thats right, the cost will go down because I will be able to use just 3 T of my new yogurt to keep making yogurt. I have saved the extra greek style yogurt I used for the starter, freezing 3T increments in ice cube trays. I am very excited to see what else I can create cooking from scratch. The adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment