Sunday, October 3, 2010

FALL is finally here

We have had a wonderful change of seasons. Finally the humidity is down and the days are mild. I have been busy outside in my garden, yard and chickens. I have changed our diet and am following Nourishing Traditions way of cooking and eating. It is more of a natural, whole and organic way of food preparation. It is a process, some concepts I find a bit harder to swallow, literally.
I long for the country life. I try to do everything here on my small urban homestead that I can to emulate living on 100 acres in the middle of nowhere. It is good practice for "one day". I am terribly dissapointed in the production in my garden, but am working on it.
I am spending my days right now visiting my husbands grandfather who has been hospitalized with pneumonia. He should be transferring to a skilled nursing facility next week, where he can get some PT and breathing exercises. Hopefully he will only be there for a week, then back home again.
l

No comments:

Post a Comment